SEO Note forum.seonote.info
SEO Note Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New User --- interface questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests (Old)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grannyGeek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: New User --- interface questions Reply with quote

I like the features of SEO Note very much. I still haven't tried everything yet, there is a lot to learn. Smile

I have questions about the toolbars --
My eyes are not so good as yours, I must set my monitor to 800x600 resolution to see the icon pictures, is there any way I can get them to display larger?

Also, a few of the buttons tooltip pops up for one second and disappears before I can read it.
The buttons that have drop-down menus do not show tooltips at all, and it is hard to figure out what they do.

In the "Advanced Notes" toolbar, NONE of the buttons show tooltips, and several menus list
Text File
HTML File
Rich Text File
I can figure them out eventually because a "Save" or "Open" dialog opens, but it should not be so difficult to find out.

There is another button on the Advanced Notes bar that when I click it, a message asks "Are You Sure?".
No, I'm not sure, because I can't tell what the button does !

I hope you can help me figure out these buttons. Do you have a screenshot somewhere with labels that shows what each button does? (that would be a good thing to have in the "introduction" file).

A suggestion also about the "Help" button. I do not have internet connection on my home computer. When I clicked the Help button, thinking there was an integrated help file, SEO Note locked up, I think from trying to connect to the internet when there is no connection to find. Could you label the button to say "Help on the Web" or something similar?
(sorry, but software developers need to remember that not everybody is connected online.)

Thanks in advance for any advice.
igvard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My eyes are not so good as yours, I must set my monitor to 800x600 resolution to see the icon pictures, is there any way I can get them to display larger?

No. While icons size is 16x16 and it not resize any way. In future we'll find how help you!

Quote:
There is another button on the Advanced Notes bar that when I click it, a message asks "Are You Sure?".
No, I'm not sure, because I can't tell what the button does !

I hope you can help me figure out these buttons. Do you have a screenshot somewhere with labels that shows what each button does? (that would be a good thing to have in the "introduction" file).

All panels duplicate menu and you can find this icon in Main Menu "Notes->Advanced...

We'll correct bug with Advanced Notes bar tooltips and absolutely will add offline Help.

Best Regards.

SeoNote team.
grannyGeek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding to my questions.

Thank you for the tip about checking the main menu icons
(us new users don't know about some of that stuff)

I do have a suggestion about your icon pictures --
(I am an amateur icon maker)
the graphics art you use is pale colors, and the graphic picture is smaller than the actual button.

It would be good to use pictures that are just a little bit bigger, to take advantage of the entire button area.
Also, you should use strong contrasting colors for 16x16 icons. Medium gray on light blue is not easy to see, you could try black or very dark blue for the markings instead.
seonote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

We found very good library of free icons and in nearest time will inplcae to this project.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests (Old) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: