SEO Note forum.seonote.info
SEO Note Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(Request) Syntax highlighting for programmers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests (Old)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosomak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: (Request) Syntax highlighting for programmers Reply with quote

Hello!
First, I want to thank you for this great sofrware.
I'm webmaster and SEO notes work for me as code snippets library.
Is there possibility to add Syntax highlighting option?
Something like new type of notes (like rtf, html, txt) - "code highlighter".
You can give possibilty to add files with language definitions for highlighter. PHP, CSS, HTML, JAVA ... something like plugins. So everybody can add his own programing language.
I think it would be very useful tool for many programmers.
I have searching PIM with that option for long time. But can't find any.
Please think about it.
JoeClu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rosomak,
there is actually such kind (sort of) of feature in SeoNote since, when a note is HTML then you can either view it with the integrated renderer (menus: View / HTML / Web = ctrl+alt+W) or as syntax colored source text (menus: View / HTML / Source = ctrl+alt+S).

But there's some limitating bug in there since, by switching from one view to another, you get the whole page cut down to the few first line... We'll have to wait for the present developpers to allot some time to this and other bugs in SeoNote.

And of course it would be great to have the extended features you mentionned (like more languages to have their syntax colored...). The thing is that Max & Bigfozzy (the only names found through the sites) seem to be quite buzy. Since interested users look to be possibly numerous... well : a way would be to put them at work and help things to grow faster with code, translations, plugins and co. being submitted. They would have the pleasure to manage it and put all together. There could even be someone ready to clean and maintain the site, like the forum... (too much SPAM!!!)

well that's it:
-HTML bug
-syntax color extension
-open developpement

THX

Clu
igvard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for your good words about the Seonote.

Now we start work about AddOn system for SeoNote. And when we finish you will can create AddOns wich you need, for example Syntax highlighting AddOn or something else.

Seonote developers.
seonote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

syntax highlighting added - in next version we add keywords settings - for language customization
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests (Old) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: