SEO Note forum.seonote.info
SEO Note Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insert Picture Sluggishness

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavspasDNua4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Insert Picture Sluggishness Reply with quote

Thanks for this useful application. While I'm new to the program, it seems a perfect fit for maintaining and organizing preliminary ethnographic fieldnotes. Its freeware status is another appreciated feature since most of the software suitable for qualitative research is expensive (and even when working with modest grants). Thanks again for creating and sharing this application.

While I need to use to software some more, I noticed a slight hiccup (at least from this user's perspective) during my initial uses of the application:

Inserting a 800x600 jpeg (or larger) into SEO seems to slow it down quite a bit. For example, if I create two notes, one text and the other an inserted picture, switching between has a three second delay (or so). This doesn't occur when switching between two text notes. Im afraid the delay only gets worse the larger the resolution of the inserted picture; a 1600x1200 jpeg takes about 30 seconds to load. At this resolution switching among photos or from text notes to photos becomes a bit unbearable.

The only other application I can compare this application to is MyNotesKeeper. It exhibits no issues handling 800x600 JPEGS (i.e. there is no delay switching from picture to picture or from note to picture). However, it cost money to use and I prefer SEO note:D.
seonote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks - will try fix it problem.
slavspasDNua4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to look into the issue I described. Finding a way to correct the issue would make SEO note so much more useful to me and hopefully to others as well. Good luck with the debugging.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: