SEO Note forum.seonote.info
SEO Note Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few improvements and suggestions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jomexpelp

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: A few improvements and suggestions Reply with quote

First of all I have to congratulate your for creating this exceptional piece of software... I'm a long time outliner and note-taking software user and I must say SEO Note is one of the most feature rich programs I've ever seen... and the only true worthy successor of KeyNote so far!

I clearly see it has the potential of becoming the absolute best outliner/note taking application but it needs some polishing and bug hunting first. After trying it for a few hours the first things that drew my attention were:

-Texts in default file "About SEO Note.seo" are poorly written. Even I not being a native English speaker could tell grammar was a bit inconsistent. This is something easily solved... just ask a native English speaker to proof-read it for you and rewrite it a bit. It will improve it's appeal a lot.

-Drag and drop is not working for changing notes position, at least not for me (using windows xp sp2) and after trying, the tree blinks every time I select another note (as if it was refreshing or something) until I close and open SEO Note again.

-Images inside notes make the program slow to a crawl, to the point of making it take more than 30 seconds to switch from one note to the other if both contain pictures.

-There's no easy way of translating the program... you should put a folder with language files for easier localization... I bet many people here would volunteer for the translation job (starting with myself making a Spanish translation)

-When you follow an internal Hyperlink the Navigate back button doesn't send you to the note you were previously in.

-It would be just great if you could add checkboxes to the note's text... that way you would be able to create handy to-do lists templates that don't clutter the tree. Evernote does that and I find it really useful.

-Another improvement would be to make it so that when you check a checkbox the note name gets striked out (or at least add it as an option). It would be also pretty neat if you could quickly add other symbols before the note's icon the same way you can add checkboxes (flags ala Action Outline or red exclamation marks come to mind)

-Another great feature Action Outline has that I haven't seen anywhere else is that notes that have anything inside the text area have their names automatically in bold letters to easily tell them apart from the ones in blank. Thats really a lot more useful than it sounds, specially if you have huge trees or in this case it would be very useful using the autocalendar folder option.

-It would be nice to have the option of having several tabs per note, like Essential Pim Pro does.

-Speaking of Essential Pim, that program(and several others such as Evernote) lets you attach a file to a note, not just a link to a file, but the whole file is stored inside the database.

-Right now there's no easy and quick way of hiding the tree or read just the note text in fullscreen. Thats another nice feature about Essential Pim you should check... in that program you can both move the dividing bar between the two panes all the way to the left or double click the note to be able to just focus on the text.

Well, I can't think of anything else right now, maybe that the interface could be improved so that it integrates better with the current windows theme, and the icons could have some cosmetic changes (by the way, the toolbar customization in SEO Note is simply great!) but thats all.

I hope my suggestions help you improve this great program, and again, keep the good work!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: