SEO Note forum.seonote.info
SEO Note Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A question to the Seonote team

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests (Old)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etmr1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: A question to the Seonote team Reply with quote

Hi there, Smile
I' ve posted 3 topics in the "Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests",
which didn't recieve any comment / answer from you.
Do you read all the topics ?
thanks,
Ethan
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think SEONote would benefit a lot from using a real issue tracker instead of phpBB.

In the forum, issues never get closed, so you soon lose track of which things have already been fixed and which are still open issues.
KingSky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sort of tracker would be great.... but let's be realistic Smile I'm guessing that the developer has a real job, since the program is freeware, and is probably doing this in his spare time. He/they may not feel that a tracker is necessary at this point.

With a bug tracker you feel the need to be so structured, and you can really see which bugs/features haven't been addressed. That's a very good thing, but the developers might not want that kind of pressure Razz
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I believe a tracker would even spare them time. A tracker does not mean that you feel pressured to implement every feature immediately. You can decide which features you think are important and which can be implemented later and which will be discarded. I think an unorganized forum will create even more pressure.
KingSky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably right
Fozzy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks.

About bug tracing - we will use only forum for this. On all requests we will try reply to Sundays (sorry for my English). Maybe we create separate thread for bugs and separate thread for suggestion.

But now we discovering similar program (as SEO Note)a nd already have todo list from more than 1000 items Smile, and will deceide what be maked first )))

On Mart we have very nice plans Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me guess. It will be a commercial version of Seo Note, righ? Confused

Anyway, I still think managing bugs and suggestions with a forum will use more of your time than using tracking software. A bug tracker will also serve as an archive of which bugs have been fixed. Issues can be reopened when people think the bugs was not fixed completely etc. This is much more efficient. Here is a list of free Bug/Issue trackers:

http://usefulinc.com/edd/notes/IssueTrackers
Fozzy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Free version Reply with quote

We don't plan maked SEO Note commercial Smile - it leave freeware.

Thanks for bug trackers list - today will view.
Fozzy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Free version Reply with quote

BTW: SEO Note leave freeware.

We worked also on another products. See www.thedowser.com - this is our family shareware and freeware programs, also good solution for keyword reseacrh and promote web sites Smile - this is commercial program, what we use also ;)

SEO Note we improve in free time - this also right, and we use SEO Note in our works too - "life in single file" Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests (Old) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: