SEO Note forum.seonote.info
SEO Note Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature Request: Bulk import of files

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests (Old)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jester

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Feature Request: Bulk import of files Reply with quote

I have lots of data in another outliner I want to give up (since it's no longer developed and has a rather antique user interface by now). All files are in *.scp files which are RTF-files. By bulk-renaming I have converted them into RTF-Files and now would love to import them into SEOnote. Structure is not necessary, since I have to revise them anyway. However, if you are interested in how it works, you can get it on http://www.scribblepapers.de.vu

Import of HTML, OpenOffice-Format and Word/Excel-files would by nice, too...

You are doing a great job. Thanks for this program!

Jester
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Bulk import of files Reply with quote

jester wrote:
I have lots of data in another outliner I want to give up (since it's no longer developed and has a rather antique user interface by now).

Development may be slow, but the website http://www.scribblepapers.de.vu says it is still in development and a new version 1.9.1 was published last week.
jester

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

thank you for that info - it's funny, I usually check it twice every month or so, but actually missed this update.

However, I think I'll migrate anyway - SEOnote offers much more (and I'm a?so fiddling with EverNote, OneNote and KeepInMind - call me an outliner addict! Wink )

Jester
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jester wrote:
However, I think I'll migrate anyway - SEOnote offers much more (and I'm a?so fiddling with EverNote, OneNote and KeepInMind - call me an outliner addict! Wink )

You're not the only one Wink I was using KeyNote which many people think was the best free outliner (maybe even better than the commercial tools), but development stalled completely. Anyway, I think once SEONote includes some features currently discussed and will become more stable and bugfree, it will be superior to KeyNote even.
Fozzy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Thanks for suggestion Reply with quote

About multiexport - thanks for suggestion, will be implement in next version - this is good idea and sample in implementing :)

Also now we download more than 200 programs in our area ))) and now view it for generate from all most finest features Wink, also on beer Wink we generate 1-2 uniquie ideas and will add it in this year Smile
jester

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for suggestion Reply with quote

Fozzy wrote:
About multiexport - thanks for suggestion, will be implement in next version - this is good idea and sample in implementing Smile

Any chance for a bulk import, too?

Jester
Fozzy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This already implement - please use Notes\Advanced\ImportFrom\Folder
jester

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fozzy, thnk you I actually missed this.

However, have you tested his with a large amount of files? My system slows extremely after import attempts: 1st I tried to import almost 700 rtf files, which failed. Then I reduced to 25. Which failed after the sixth file and foze...
:(

jester
seonote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay - be test and fix.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests (Old) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: