SEO Note forum.seonote.info
SEO Note Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 feature requests

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests (Old)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
new user

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: 2 feature requests Reply with quote

Hi, just found SeoNote when looking for a replacement for KeyNote, and I think it's great software.

I have 2 requests:

1. Ability to export to txt-rtf and or html, so far the only exporting I can do is to Treepad and Keynote.
2. A setting to "start minimized". Right now Seonote is starting in the same state it was when it was closed.

thanks for a great program.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can export notes one at a time to text, RTF or HTML. To export,
1. Select the note to export and right click.
2. In the short cut menu, select Advanced
3. Select Export To...
4. Select the format to export to.

DG
new user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, hadn't seen that option.

I think a way to export all the notes in a folder would be useful, instead of having to do it one at a time.
Fozzy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Multiexport Reply with quote

Multiexport wiil available soon too Smile and minimized option also.
Thansk for suggestion.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, thank YOU for the quick and kind reply. Keep up the good work, I'm going right now to click on all the ads to support you.
seonote webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Don't click on ads, please Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
No, thank YOU for the quick and kind reply. Keep up the good work, I'm going right now to click on all the ads to support you.

Please, DON'T click on ads to support us. Advertisers pay real money from their pockets to attract prospective customers. By clicking on their ads solely to support us really harms them!

Moreover, Google will disable our AdSense account if it will detect questionable clicks.

In fact we don't earn much on AdSense... 200 times less than our programming time costs. AdSense is more a way to track number of downloads. If somebody will find ads attractive enough to visit advertisers' web sites - let it be.

So again, please, don't click on ads unless you are 100% interested in what advertiser offers you.
lzw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah this program is way beyond advertising equaling investment of time... (although I don't run a web site so I don't really know) but a little utility that someone made in a couple of hours in VB or delphi, put it on a web site and then made $50 in ad revenue, that could be cool for a program that does something like takes a string, splits it in two, and inserts another string.

3 ways to go on this program in my humble opinion...

- Develop it to it's logical conclusion and then chalk it up to a learning process, moving on to bigger and better projects.

- Convert it to shareware... Since it's freeware now, that may result in the loss of most of the freeware user base and then you would have to build up a shareware user base!

- Wait until it becomes a mature application that seldomly recieves a bug report and is posted on all kinds of download sites on the web then come out with a corporate version that offers support... Which is to say still make it freeware for personal use and have a forum for feed back but also have an option that people in a business or professional setting can register to recieve phone/email support or something they would be interested in!

I believe a program called smartftp did that and although I have not used smartftp recently, I think all they did was add a message about in the installer for the license agreement and modify the help/about dialog.

Of course you have to realize that when you make an unique program, people will steal your idea! I only knew of just a few tree node editors and less that are specifically designed to organize personal data... (others are designed for creating help files, editing xml schema, etc..) What makes this one absolutely unique is that it allows plain text, rich text, and html. (I don't know of any other program that does all 3 document types)
Fozzy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for money-making ideas!

We plan to keep seonote freeware as long, as we can afford.

Your words are what keep as motivated !
tlchost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't click on ads, please Reply with quote

Please, DON'T click on ads to support us. Advertisers pay real money from their pockets to attract prospective customers. By clicking on their ads solely to support us really harms them!

That's really a refreshing attitude.....nice to see it.

Thom
Rigel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this guy was honestly trying to support and cooperate with the development of seonote, I think the response has been a little over the top.

There is no need to alienate or attack your user base, just tell them "please don't click in the ads". Long posts and lots of replies to state the same thing over and over again are not a "refreshing attitude", they will cause a happy user and bug finder to go away and never come back.
seonote webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Happy users Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
Since this guy was honestly trying to support and cooperate with the development of seonote, I think the response has been a little over the top.

There is no need to alienate or attack your user base, just tell them "please don't click in the ads". Long posts and lots of replies to state the same thing over and over again are not a "refreshing attitude", they will cause a happy user and bug finder to go away and never come back.

Hello Rigel.

Thank you for the note.

Personally I don't think that following the rules will harm any of our users. Moreover, I'm not able to force anybody to follow them. You can treat my words as a friendly reminder, not more.

Sorry if any of my previous posts seemed rude. We are trying to help you to organize your life, and we are in no way against you or other SEO Note users.

I just want to tell you that if somebody wants to support us, he can do it from his own pocket, not from the pockets of other people. If somebody plans to click 100 times on ads on our site, he will earn us about $15. He should better ask us how he can send us these money :)

Best regards, Max.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests (Old) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: