SEO Note forum.seonote.info
SEO Note Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recent File List

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marchal04

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Recent File List Reply with quote

Greeting...

Question: Would it be possible to move the "Recent File List" from the Win.ini located in the "Windows" folder the Seo Note's own ini file?

The reason being:
As Seo Note becomes more popular, I'm finding it installed on more of my friend's computers. I myself run it from a USB device as portable software. But if Seo Note is already installed on a friend's computer and I come along and plug in my USB device and open my portable Seo Note, my friend's "Recent File List" is what opens. So in order to not mess up their Seo Note, I have to make note of their most recent file, then open my Seo Note file, and when I'm done, reopen their Seo Note file - thus restoring their "Recent File List" (If I don't do this, the last file I used ends up in their "Recent File List" instead of their's).

I always feel like I'm intruding upon their privacy when this happens and tends to make SeoNote files appear somewhat unsecure.

Storing the "Recent File List" in Seo Note's own ini file would avoid this problem and make SeoNote a little more confidential. It would also avoid problems and confusion if you have multiple instances of Seo Note setup for different purposes, each instance with it's own "Recent File List".

Thank you for developing SeoNote - SeoNote looks to become an excellent replacement for KeyNote, a program which I have been using for years and years...

...Ringo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: