SEO Note forum.seonote.info
SEO Note Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Password Problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoitsmomNot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Password Problem Reply with quote

Yesterday I password-protected a folder. I closed SEO Note, reopened it, successfully entered the password, and read the contents of the folder.

Today I tried to open SEO Note and enter the password. Now instead of seeing the correct contents of the folder, I see "Please enter a valid password for view [sic] this content." I am 100% sure that I entered the correct password. I tried again, with the same result.

In a panic, I tried setting a new "null" password for this folder. Now the folder opens without my having to enter a password, but the message above still appears in lieu of the correct content.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone please suggest a solution? Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bruce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had problems as you've explained.

However, I've found that if you have password protected folders in SEO Note and use the "File | Export to | KeyNote 1.6.5" function, KeyNote will open the file and the folders are no longer password protected.

Regards
Bruce
CoitsmomNot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce, thank you for your reply, and sorry for my delay in responding. I just tried what you suggested. KeyNote opened all tabs successfully - except for the one containing the view that had previously been password-protected. The view still reads "Please enter a valid password for view [sic] this content," in lieu of the original content.

As a test, I entered new content in this view in SEO Note and password-protected it again, then exported the file to KeyNote 1.6.5 format and opened it in KeyNote. This time, the original content was retained.

I must say that although SEO Note is superb in many respects, I am very disappointed that a) my password-protected content was lost, and b) it is so easy to use your method to defeat the password protection, rendering this feature virtually useless anyway! I would suggest that these issues merit attention. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bruce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some months ago I raised the security risk regarding exports to Key Note in this Forum. It would seem the SEO Note development team hasn't addressed to problem yet.

Regards
Bruce
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: