SEO Note forum.seonote.info
SEO Note Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem Running From USB

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests (Old)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larkahn

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Problem Running From USB Reply with quote

This is a fine program you have created. it seems to be quite polished. It has a lot of well thought out features and it's obvious a lot of work has gone into creating it. I'm just starting to find my way around the program with its myriad of features and am quite impressed.

I have no problem when running the program normally from my hard drive.

Here, though, are a couple of minor problems with regard to running it on a USB flash drive.

I installed SEO Note on my C drive and then copied the folder to my USB drive. it opened OK. I also changed the settings so that it backed up to a folder on the USB drive.

After creating a new file, it was saved without a problem. I then closed the program normally-- at least I thought I had closed it normally. After starting the program again, I received the following error window message:

F:\SEONote\Temp\Content.all.zip was not found.

After doing some troubleshooting, I think that the problem is that SEONote shuts down very slowly on my USB drive. If I try to restart it too soon (before the Temp file is automatically deleted?), that is what causes the problem. Possibly this could be duplicated in the same manner if others find the program running slowly on a USB i.e. shut it down but start it immediately afterwards. I guess my problem was that even though I thought the program had unloaded completely, it hadn't, and it's necessary to wait longer.

One other thing I noticed is that if I close the program after either opening either the program or another file, I always get the Save File prompt popping up, even if I hadn't made any changes to a file.

I realize that how fast a program runs is probably related to many different conditions, including what may be a slow USB drive; however, what I am finding right now is that I must really make sure I wait for various windows to finish loading or unloading when running the program from my USB flash drive.

Thanks again for your effort.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Support, Bug Reports and Feature Requests (Old) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: