SEO Note forum.seonote.info
SEO Note Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acknowledgement to Keynote

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Acknowledgement to Keynote Reply with quote

Max Pastukov at the Keynote Forum wrote (Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:40 am Post subject: On the nature of imitation)
Quote:
Nobody forces people to use KeyNote, TreePad, SEO Note or other similar software. People choose.

It's true.

MarekB - User Keynote Forum wrote;
Quote:
Jedlinski acknowleges and pay homage to Dart but there seems to be complete lack of acknowlegement by the Keynote Imitators to Keynote and it author. I think this is what irritates me.

I agree with Max and with MarekB.

For that reason I think "Seonote" would must pay homage to "Keynote" at the Seonote's web, as "Keynote" has been doing to "Dart". "Seonote" owes a lot to his predecessor. If "Seonote" developers do it, that gesture could does him credit. It would be a fair acknowlegement, I think.

Anyway, whatever his attitude and his results, I would like to thank to the all free developers which us give -as a present- your work (useful freeware programs).

Thanks.

Yours.
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For that reason I think "Seonote" would must pay homage to "Keynote" at the Seonote's web, as "Keynote" has been doing to "Dart". "Seonote" owes a lot to his predecessor. If "Seonote" developers do it, that gesture could does him credit. It would be a fair acknowlegement, I think.

Yes, I think that would be fair. Marek really deserves it. As a side effect, people who google for a keynote replacement would find SEO note more quickly. Marek should be also mentioned in the "Thank You" forum.

Also, the website says that SEO note is "one of the best freeware personal and business information manager". I think it is not good to use so much self-praise (though it's common in US style marketing but we in Europe need not imitate everything from the US). Also, while I agree that SEO note is one of the best programs in its category, this category is not really what is commonly understood as a "personal/business information manager." Such programs are excpected to provide support for personalized calendaring and a contact database, like Lotus Organizer, which SEO note does not support (and should not support since it would be a bottomless pit with people asking for integration with Outlook, Palm, PocketPC etc. etc.)
seonote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Lack of acknowlegement Reply with quote

Thank you for the good point.

We feel really sorry for that... hope you and Markek (author) of KeyNote will forgive us for the pause in mentioning the source.

We will repay our debts soon - we just need a little more time to create a good dedicated page for it.

Writing text is 10 times more harder for programmers than writing code Smile
Vixnu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Keynoters,

We thank you so much for the struggle in continuing the jog from dart notes and keynote.

You see, although know this soft is called seonote, we still call it keynote here. As far as I know, there is a hundred people still using keynote here in Brazil that will be glad to know that the soft is not dead.

Someone: "Hey, Vix, where do i get that nice soft for notes u always talk aboute, the keynote?"
Vix: "Try at seonote.com, they changed the name but it's the same soft."

Nice job. Keep on that. We will surely adsense ya.

I think u should trade with Markek to keep the original name.
Fozzy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vixnu wrote:
Dear Keynoters,

We thank you so much for the struggle in continuing the jog from dart notes and keynote.

You see, although know this soft is called seonote, we still call it keynote here. As far as I know, there is a hundred people still using keynote here in Brazil that will be glad to know that the soft is not dead.

Someone: "Hey, Vix, where do i get that nice soft for notes u always talk aboute, the keynote?"
Vix: "Try at seonote.com, they changed the name but it's the same soft."

Nice job. Keep on that. We will surely adsense ya.

I think u should trade with Markek to keep the original name.

Thank you for the great words!

This is word helps as to continue seonote development. Some times it hard to do your work and get no reward for it.

Sure, words don't pay our bills, however thay help to keep us motivated.

Thank you for support !
JoeClu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour Max & Bigfozzy,

I'm a Keynote user for a while already and i found comfortable in using SeoNote. Indeed i enjoyed a few extra features:
- visually appealing (important to use in the long term) ;
- HTML aware, so one can add web pages on the fly ;
- good import/export functions (i could get back all my KNT trees!!!) ;
- better editor with tables;
- I could also enjoy the virtual notes and the clipboard tracking...
all these and many other aspects of it make me consider it as my next PIM ...delicious

still I would be asking a few things... hoping I could contribute if it where more... open-source (to facilitate translation - I'm french-, extension, skinning and alike)
so here my submission, and thank you in advance for your great work, patience and sharing:
- As I can use HTML and switch from raw source view to web view and back
I noticed that the (HTML) note gets truncated (confirmed through the source reading). Do you think this can be corrected? need any help, at least in testing?
- is it possible for the users to extend it by now? I mean : do we have a documented API or even an integrated language so we can interact with SeoNote.
In fact It would be interesting in order to make it interface with other applications (mail, database, external tools)
or add functions (formula processing, forms, time reminders...)

All these possibilities turn SeoNote into such a potentially powerfull tools that is easy to get addicted. Once again thank you for that gift to us all.

As I'll be waiting for your reply, I wish you good time and fun in all your entreprises.

Clu

PS: If this isn't the right place for such a submission, don't hesitate telling me. THX
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    forum.seonote.info Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: